Remote live Aboard Mothership Fishing Charters
Mothership trips mean less time travelling and more time fishing, and with the mothership usually a short distance from where you are fishing gives you more flexibility with the times you fish and the tides you can fish.
March – April (Run Off)
During The Run Off March – April Obsession Fishing Safari Mothership charters are based on the Mary River at Shady Camp. After the wet season monsoons have finished, the surplus of fresh water is running off the wetlands into the Territory’s major river systems. With the huge amount of water, is an abundance of food and the hungry Barra, in feeding mode, concentrate at small feeder creeks. This is when cricket scores of Barra can be caught casting lures or flies into the feeder creeks; it’s also home of the huge saltwater Barra during this part of the year.
May – December (Barra & Bluewater)
From May through to early December our live aboard mothership Charters will fish the NT West Coast from the Perron Islands, the mouth of the Daly River to the Moyle Rivers and Pt. Keats depending on conditions at the time. These trip will give you a real taste of NT fishing from Barra to Billfish and everything in between.
The Mothership – Tropic Paradise
Tropic Paradise is a purpose built Mothership accommodation vessel giving you a home away from home on the water. All cabins are located on the main deck, have large windows for natural ventilation as well as air-conditioning and built in cupboards. There are 4 cabins with household size double bunks and 2 cabins with a double and single bed and ensuite. Other bathrooms are located on deck, one on the rear main deck and another on the upper level opening to the rear deck.
- Fully air-conditioned vessel with 6 individual rooms, two with ensuite facilities, capability to sleep 14 pax.
- Catering by professional chef
- Saloon, dining and galley facilities
- Shaded top and lower deck for afternoon drinks & relaxing.
- Fish filleting facilities
- Freezer room for fish
- Bar fridge and eskies for beverages
- Premium ULP Fuel available
- 19 metre Cairns Custom Craft alloy catamaran in 1C survey
- 4000 litres diesel fuel
- 4000 litres freshwater accompanied by a 200 litre per hour desalinator
- 4000 litre Premium Unleaded Petrol capability
- 9KVA & 32KVA gen sets
- Cummins powered mains