Hi I am Justin Jones, proprietor and guide of Obsession Fishing Safaris.
Obsession also utilizes experienced contract guides such as Braden Menzies As seen on the Escape with ET show. All guides use quality equipment during the peak season and for large group safaris.
Jusitn’s success in fishing includes:
- Champion Angler in the 2006 Barra Classic
- Member of the winning team in the 2006 Barra Classic
- Champion Angler in the NT Game Fishing Championships
- Member of the winning team in the NT Game Fishing Championships
- Fisrt Australian Angler to qualify for the prestigious ROLEX/IGFA Invitational World Championship Tournament. Tournament held in Islamoraqda, Florida U.S.A. (The Super Bowl of Inshore Sports Fishing)
- Member of the winning team in the 2008 Barra Classic
- Member of the winning team in the 2008 Barra Nationals
- Most meritorious capture in the 2009 Barra Classic
- Billfish Runnerup in the 2009 XXXX Billfish Classic
- Member of the Champion Mixed Team in the 2010 Barra Nationals
- Member of the Champion Mixed Team in the 2010 Barra Classic
The Obsession fleet this season is a 6.3m plate customised Barramundi fishing boat, with the capacity of 4 passengers. This boat is fully surveyed to N.T standard and features an inflatable life raft and life buoy. Both boats have a small stern console leaving the rest of the vessel pure fishing platform. They are powered by economical, quiet and reliable 4 stroke outboards with ample under floor fuel storage making long range trips to remote fishing destinations a pleasure.
Equipped with state of the art navigational equipment, Hummingbird 1197c side imaging, Chartplotter Sounder GPS, EPIRB and VHF radios. The two vessels maintain radio contact throughout the day for your safety and peace of mind, not to mention making it easier to locate the fish. Combine this with our local knowledge and you’ll catch fish in comfort and safety. Other features of “Obsession” include swivel seats, gas cooker, kill tank, live bait tank, bilge pump
and a retractable sliding canopy optionally leaving half the boat open for casting the other half shaded.
“Obsession” is a pleasure to fish from or simply sight seeing; croc and bird watch or just relax and enjoy the Top End’s unique waterways.